Ηalloumi cheese pie
· ¾ cup sunflower oil
· 3 cups flour
· 2 cups grated halloumi* cheese
· 1 cup milk
· 6 eggs
· 3 teaspoons baking powder
Ø Directions – Method
1. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
2. Sift flour in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, bump in the mixer the sunflower oil with the eggs (one at a time).
4. Add the milk, the flour and the baking powder.
5. Then, stir / blend in the grated halloumi cheese and the mint.
6. Put the mixture in the tube pan.
7. Bake at 180°C.
8. Allow cake to cool for about 30-40 minutes and then invert it onto a serving plate.
*halloumi is a traditional cheese of Cyprus. If you can’t find it in a supermarket, you can use a soft salty cheese.