THE FOUR CORNERS
1. KIND OF GAME: Social and motor game
2. THE OBJECTIVES ARE TO :
a. Develop reaction and coordination speed.
b. Stimulate attention
c. Favour communication in the group
3. AGE: From 3 years forward
4. NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: Groups of 4 – 6 children
5. TIME: Undefined
6. GAME DEVELOPMENT:
a. Draw four corners on the floor. You also put four objects to delimit the corners.
b. All the corners must be occupied by one group. The fifth group must stay in the centre zone.
c. The teacher gives a signal and all the children must look for a free corner. The group gets a corner when every children of the group arrive to the corner.
d. The group doesn’t get a corner stay in the central zone. This group wins a red point.
e. The winner is the group with fewer red points.
7. SPACE: It’s preferably outdoors.
8. RESOURCES: Chalks or objects to delimit corners.
9. OBSERVATIONS AND WARNINGS: Marks or objects delimiting corners must be well marked and with enough space for children to be able to stay on them without danger.
10. EVALUATION: Check if expected objectives have been achieved.
11. GRAPHIC REPRESENTATION: