THE SPANISH EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM
C.E.I.P. EL PICACHO
NURSERY AND PRIMARY SCHOOL
11540 SANLÚCAR DE BARRAMEDA
Headmistress: Mercedes Enríquez Gómez.
THE EDUCATIONAL PROJECT OF THE SCHOOL
AIMS FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF THE SCHOLAR EFFICIENCY
- We want to give to the students an academic training connected to the real life and their own abilities, respecting plurality and achieving all their personalities’ features, adapting the academic activity to the diversity.
- We expect for the children to know and use properly Spanish language developing initiatives for the improvement of expression and understanding, both oral and written, favoring Reading habits as a source of information, learning and entertainment, fostering the use of the school library.
- We also hope to initiate our students in the use of ICT as a resource for the learning process.
- We have established common strategies in the cycles (3 cycles of two levels each in Primary education and 1 cycle of three levels in nursery) for the developing of key competences favoring coordination among teachers with the establishment of measurements that give continuity to the students in their stay in different stages and educative cycles.
- We use strategies for the children that facilitates acquisition and development of techniques in resolution of mathematical problems and calculation
AIMS FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF COMMUNALL LIVING AND ATMOSPHERE IN THE SCHOLAR PROCESS.
- We are working on instilling basic values to our students (respect, freedom, solidarity, responsibility, sincerity, generosity and equality) that regulate human coexistence, acting according to them and rejecting violence, authoritarianism, racism, sexism or intolerance.
- Children are constantly
acquiring skills for the prevention and the pacific resolution of conflicts
that allow them to manage autonomously in the scholar, familiar and domestic
scope and in social groups which they relate with.
AIMS FOR THE PARTICIPATIONS AND INVOLVEMENT OF FAMILIES.
- We are fostering the
involvement of families together with other local institutions in the educational
process to improve the academic efficiency of students and the communal living
establishing ways to participate altogether.
AIMS FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF THE ORGANIZATION AND COOPERATIVE WORK IN THE SCHOOL
- We are working on establishing ways of coordination to increase efficiency and productivity in meetings with the different educational teams in the school.
- We promote participation and involvement of teachers, students and families in educational plans and projects promoted by the Government.
AIMS FOR TEACHERS TRAINING
- Teachers in the school are always improving their skills going deep in active methodologies, conflict resolution and improvement of coexistence, use of libraries and development of new technologies according with the school needs.
GENERAL LINES OF EDUCATIONAL ACTION
- Achievement of scholar success in students following criteria for the establishment of students’ group and the assignment of classes to the teachers.
- The principle of teachers working in teams are taken into account when planning meetings.
- Paying attention to the students’ diversity detecting early learning difficulties and establishing special support for children.
- The involvement of families in the school living making them easier through different ways as School for Parents, Parents association, Scholar Council, tutoring, parents’ representatives in all the classes.
- The effort principle for all the members of the scholar community and an important agreement building motivated and demanding learning surroundings.
- A flexible and open methodology centered in the student.
- A significant learning adjusted to the level of each student. The educative contents are related to the previous students’ knowledge. They are orientated to the consecution of relevant learnings.
- A proper coexistence and respectful climate that facilitates the students’ ant teachers’ work what is very important for the development of education.
- Participation in plans and projects that improve the educative work and give quality to the teaching process in our school.
- Development of autonomy of our school taking into account the rules with responsibility.
DECALOGUE FOR COEXISTENCE
1.- We arrive on time to the school.
2.- We respect to all the people in our school.
3.- We use the dialogue to solve problems and conflicts.
4.- We avoid bad words or inappropriate gestures.
5.- We speak without shouting and we don’t run in class, corridors or stairs.
6.- We participate in all the activities in our class and in the school.
7.- We take care of our personal things and others’, recycling in the proper containers.
8.- We are responsible of our homework and our calendars.
9.- We assist to classmates that need our help.
10.- We take advantage of time and work respecting the others.
- In the morning: Beginning of the class at 9:00 am, end at 2:00 pm
- Extracurricular services:
· Morning class: From 7.30 am to 9.00 am
· Dining Service: from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
· Extracurricular activities (voluntary) : from 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm
- Communication with families
- All the relevant information about school is given to parents through a notebook. Most of this information can be founded in our website and noticeboards in our school,
- Scholar calendar.
- School attendance monitoring:
- Quarterly Evaluation Report about evaluation of personal work of each student.
- Collective and individual tutorials. Meetings with parents in Each class at the beginning of the year or personal meeting with parents of one student and their teacher.
The headmistress of the school is Mercedes Enríquez. She also teaches maths in Primary 5
Pre-school education 1: 3 years old.- Aurora
Pre-school education 2: 4 years old.- Esperanza Altozano
Pre-school education 3: 5 years old.- Manuel Gálvez
Primary 1: 6 years old .- Carolina Díaz
Primary 2A: 7 years old.- Vicenta Cabillas
Primary 2B: 7 years old.- Virginia Molero
Primary 3A: 8 years old.- Caridad Zarazaga
Primary 3B: 8 years old.- María José Mejías
Primary 4A: 9 years old.- Amalia Sánchez
Primary 4B: 9 years old .- Félix Cuadrado
Primary 5A: 10 years old.- Jeshica Cabo
Primary 5B: 10 years old.- Mercedes Oliver
Primary 6A: 11 years old .- Manuel Gutiérrez
Primary 6B: 11 years old .- María Soledad Gómez
PT.- Inmaculada Alcón
AL.- Carmen Carrasco
Reinforcement.- Alejandro Barba
Religion.- María Dolores Márquez
SCHOOL HOLIDAYS: YEAR 2014-2015
- Christmas: from December 22nd to January 7th
- Holy Week or Easter Week: from March 30th to April 5th
- Feria: The first week in June
- Summer: from June 22nd to September 10th.